- A station operating on a specific frequency(s) used for private purposes by a company for communicating with authorized base station or mobile station.
- Mobile service means a radiocommunications service between a mobile station and land station, or between mobile stations.
- Land Mobile Radio (LMR) equipment comprises of base stations/repeater stations and mobile stations (eg. Handheld, portable, walkie-talkie)
- Private LMR provided dedicated frequency channel for specific group.
- Commonly used for local or private network and for smaller group of user.
Transmitter and receiver terminal operate on the same frequency. User cannot listen or talk simultaneously as it applies one-way communication where only one communication (transmit or receive) at any one time.
Duplex Private Use Station
Using duplex channel system where transmit and receive frequency is on different discrete channels (different transmit and receive frequency). This system normally requires additional infrastructure such as a repeater or base station (talk-through base).
A combination of a radio receiver and a radio transmitter that amplifies the associated radio signal (frequency) to provide bigger coverage than normal simplex transmission.